Wednesday, February 25, 2009

What's it all about?

In January this year, mio Marito and I moved to Trieste, Italy from Australia. Marito has a job in cosmology (really!) at the International School for Advanced Studies and I am here on a working holiday visa. This means I can work for six months out of 12 - I am currently enjoying the first of the six months that I can't work. We have spent the last month wading our way through the bureaucratic nightmare that is the Italian way and now have an apartment, receipts for our Permesso di Siggiorno (more on that later), and Internet but still haven't worked out if we have a phone line or why my cheese was taken away at the supermarket.

Marito and I took Italian lessons with Giacomo at Italia 500 once a week for 20 weeks before moving to Trieste; those equipped us with the knowledge of how little we knew about the Italian language. We started taking Italian grammar lessons last week and are slowing building up our skills. I'm keeping myself busy exploring Trieste, cooking and doing some knitting. Link

1 comment:

  1. Michel Thomas is awesome for language learning, as is the Rosetta Stone software. Given that Italian is a major Eurolanguage I'm sure there'll be resources aplenty to have you writing blogposts in Piedemontese in no time.

    ReplyDelete